? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh Pittsburgh

So I'm having a good time in Pittsburgh....really it is true! Besides the freezing rain and our inability to raise funds everyday, it really has been a fun experience so far...I have met some really nice people and made some friends. For example, on Tuesday I dropped off everyone and was left to find a place to park the car and walk to a place to fund raise...I easily found a place to leave the car without getting a ticket, but the problem was walking to a place to fund raise...so I wandered around the city for about an hour all by my self and ended up in a Black neighborhood...I met some really nice people, like one guy who stopped me and to talked to me about religion and Africa...he was really sweet and really spiritual, although some of our views differed. Another guy stopped in the middle of the street and asked my name, and then talked to me for about five minutes....he was a little creepy, but nice. He was fascinated with my eyes and kept telling me they were the most beautiful he had ever seen and got about an inch away from my face...it was really funny and that was when I decided I needed to find a different place to go. And then I met a woman who couldn't give money but gave cookies instead...I love just watching people and the goodness I see in them! One thing I feel so bad about is that they don't know the truth, they don't have the Gospel...and I can see how they have strayed but are trying their hardest to do good...I just want to reach out to all of my brothers and sisters and give them a hug and tell them that it will be OK and that their Father in Heaven loves them. I am so grateful I have the knowledge of the true gospel of Christ!

4 comments:

Clayton and Danielle said...

Please DO NOT go off by yourself in Africa. If you want some horror stories I have them. Please, Please, Please. I love you;)

Leah Jones said...

I promise I will not go anywhere by myself! I don't really want to have any of those kind of stories to tell! I love you too!

Macy said...

Sounds like you are having quite the adventure! I love it! I'm in Buffalo, NY right now on my way back home to Massachusetts. I'll wave left to Williamstown when I drive past the Lee exit on 90. Unless you are still in Pittsburgh...

Leah Jones said...

Thanks! I just got back today...so you might have missed me, but I felt the wave :)