? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, January 23, 2009

The ease of my life...

So I know that I haven't posted in a bit...that is because nothing has happened...Michi left but that is about it....life is very boring and goes on ever the same...but yesterday I had to go to Lusaka to get my work permit....yes I know I have been here 3 months and I am just getting my work permit, ah Africa.....anyways, I got to got with the driver for the project, Joe. So I got to sit in the front seat and get a good look of everything and I realized how very blessed I am as I passed shanty houses held together by cinder blocks on the roofs and protected from the rain by garbage bags for doors. I watched people laboring in fields of corn and woman earning their families income from selling tomatoes on the side of the road, with six or seven women near by. I watched a little girl of six or seven wearing no more than a tattered, dirty dress, carrying a baby on her back. I watched a man and some children getting water from a filthy rain puddle....filling up four or five large jugs, then carry them away on there heads....with no house or dwelling within five miles. My life at home, in America is so easy and I take so much for granted! I have clean warm water for a shower whenever I feel the least bit dirty. I have clean cold water in abundance to drink whenever I feel parched. I have a nice big house that keeps me dry and warm when it rains...and whenever I feel too hot or cold I just turn a dial and I am comfortable in minutes. I have nice, clean clothes to protect my body and shoes to protect my feet. When they get dirty I just put them in a machine that makes them clean again. I have food that I don't have to sweat to get. I don't have to raise chickens or goats and them kill them to eat meat. I don't have to work all day in a field to have vegetables to eat. There is nothing I went without and nothing I really appreciated.
Even here in Africa I have a really easy life in comparison...OK I have to treat or boil my water....but I don't have to walk five miles to get it. I have a house to live in and a bed to sleep in. I have a store where I can buy all of my food. I don't have a refrigerator or a oven...but I have good, healthy food everyday that I don't have to labor for. I am so very blessed and I have so much and I want everyone who reads this remember this and thank your Father for everything he has given you.

1 comments:

Nichele said...

Leah... you are the essence of beauty. I am so happy for you and grateful that you share your experiences. Really. Did you know I'm a nanny? An idea which I got from you by the way. I have so much I want to do with life and things that I want to accomplish for myself and others and sometimes... it's hard to imagine that I can get them to actually happen, but you going out and doing what you've dreamed is amazing and such an inspiration for me. I want to know more about what you do everyday! What is the goal while your down there?? Is there anything I can do to help while I'm here in the states??? Please let me know! Love, Nichele