? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, January 5, 2009

Turning Point

So yesterday was a pretty darn good day! It started out amazing and inspiring because I got to talk to my spectacular best friend Danielle! So is so wonderful gave me tons of help and encouragement....then the day went down a little because we had a "meeting" with most of the staff....now these so called meetings are super long and they just blab about stupid things and some one usually ends up fighting.....so I sat there, taking minutes, and feeling frustrated, because we had planned to go to the hospital that day and ask if there was anything we could do to help.....so about 3 hours later the "meeting" is over. Now it is lunch time and we go back to the house and eat some PB and J's and then buy bananas to take with us to the hospital....now it was my idea to go to the hospital, I wanted to go last week but Mich wasn't feeling well....we had been throwing around ideas of what we can do here, because neither of us can just sit around and do office work any more....Mich had the idea to teach kids songs and sports and I had the idea of going to the hospital....so we are turning a new leaf and doing both! So after we ate we set off to the Hospital....it is about a 45 min walk from out house...so I got some good exercise and I also worked on my tan....but on the way there we passed a bakery...now a few weeks ago we had a lunch for the donors of the project and we had this amazing rolls....like Sister Petersons, but bigger.......I was pretty sure this is where they had gotten them from so we stopped and Awhhhh....there they were, with whole wheat bread and pizza! I was so happy! So we bought some and then finished our journey to the hospital....Now i was pretty nervous I mean if you know me at all I, my general rule is to stay far far away from any kind of hospital, doctors....most of the time only bad comes from it....and I didn't know what they were going to say...if they said No, what was I going to do? So I go in and talk to the first nurse I can find and she takes us into another room and goes and talks to, some one higher in authority then comes back out and says er area most welcomed. then she asks if we are nurses and we say no, then she asks us what out professions were and I said I worked with kids...so she sends us to the Children's Ward....now I am way excited because this is exactly what I wanted...so we talk to the head nurse and she says that we are welcome and says we can talk to the kids....so we sit down in front of a boy, about 7 or 8...he has burns over most of his body and is covered in gauze. The is a mosquito net covering his bed so it was really hard to see him....but I just started talking...about anything, about my family, asking what he liked to do, sports, anything I could think of....but I wanted to read to him or something but I have no material, because I didn't think I would be doing something like this....and after we talked to him for a while we told him that we would me back and we went and talk to another little boy, with a broken arm and him father....again I just talked and talked....and the little boy didn't really respond. His father said he was really hungry, he hadn't eaten anything all day....so I looked at Mich and decided to give him our banana, that we had just bought....I got it and gave it too him...he snarfed it down with a huge smile on his face that he tried to hide...it was so cute.....so we stayed a little longer and then made plans to make some things to take back with us....we are going to try to make some books.....It made me so happy, that I could do even this tiny thing. So I think it was ones of my favorite days here!

0 comments: