? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, February 13, 2009

2 months...3 weeks to go :)

Oh my goodness what a crazy week! Well let me start out by telling you about Saturday....I got to call my amazing, wonderful family! It was so so so nice I miss them so much! You have no idea...they are my best, best friends....sadly I only got to talk to half of them, because the others are not living at home...But I got to talk to my Mommy, Poppy, I-keik, and Al-bee. But I missed talking to Prilly, Ben, Ry, and Bee....They are truly wonderful and I am so grateful for them! I am so blessed! I have the best family in the world...no contest!


Ok so this week I taught at a bunch of schools...it was so much fun! Monday I taught at a school I taught at last week...so we did a review...there were about 100 kids there...and I lost my voice by the end of the lesson....Tuesday I went to a school for Juvenal Boys...oh my goodness that was super fun! They were so funny and asked really good questions...and because they were older and already sexually active I went into more detail and gave them statics of the AIDS epidemic through the world and especially here in Zambia...did you know that about 1 in 6 people here have HIV? Zambia is one of the countries with the highest percentage of people living with HIV....so when I was teaching this...the room got really quite and you could see the shock on their faces. Wednesday...I had a class in the morning and in the afternoon and the same on Thursday...The students are great...they ask tons of questions as well as the teachers...some of them I don't know the answers to...like how did HIV get to Africa if it was first discovered in the US? Or who discovered it? Where did it come from? And in my last class yesterday one boy asked, "I am Christan and believe in God. If I pray really hard will God take the virus out of my body?"


So with teaching all of these classes...I get a ton of exercise...I walk about 12 mile or more ....in the blazing heat....with my computer strapped on my back...so I calf's are looking pretty nice :) Ha, ha, ha....



So here are some of the students...I taught them on Thursday morning....they were really great...it was so funny, there teacher tried to keep them a couple feet away from the table were I was but by the end of the lesson I was surrounded!

These are some of the JV boys...ages 8-18...they acted all tough and hard, but you could see just how scared they were when I was tell them about HIV...they all wanted to be tested.


So this sign is in the open market right across from my house...and I thought it was so funny and I wanted to share it with you! So remember to be responsible and use a toilet :)

Hey by the way happy Valentines Day! I love you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Leah!!! So I'm learning how to post on blogs! Like yours! Aren't you excited? Ok, so yesterday I wore shorts and everybody thought I was crazy because it's been snowing all week, it is so cold here, last Saturday I snowshoed to the top of Squaw Peak with Kyle. Oh! and I'm running a 5-K in March and a half marathon in August! And you'd be proud of me, yesterday I was responsible and used the toilet!! So your amazing adventures really are amazing, we love reading what you are doing in Africa and we pray for you every night that you will be safe and have the Spirit with you to do good and help people learn a better way in Zambia. We miss you and are excited for you to come home, but we are also happy for you to have such an opportunity and want you to stay to get the most out of it, I guess this is what it feels like to have a missionary out in the field. So keep up the good work and we'll see you in May!!!
From Ben "the best brother-in-law you ever had" Willford

Ace said...

Leah. I'm really proud of all you're doing there. Keep up the good work. Love, Ace

Clayton and Danielle said...

I love you, I love you, I love you. You are my valentine......just don't tell Clayton. :)