? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Conversation with my Mother

So my Internet is working for the most part! Yeppie! and I got to have a good long talk with my mother....and I thought I would post it for all to read...I hope you don't mind mommy! I has some good stuff in it.....
GINA says:
good morning for me hello and how are you
Leah says:
hey! how are you
GINA says:
what time is it
GINA says:
good with a little cold
Leah says:
it is 6:30pm...really it is super super hot
Leah says:
I just walked about two miles....i'm wiped out
GINA says:
I'm glad you got the computer to work
GINA says:
where did you walk
Leah says:
me too! it just happened today...and the wireless is not working yet
Leah says:
I have to plug it in
Leah says:
I went and visited some of the field officers while they were working
GINA says:
what have you been doing?
Leah says:
well not so much actually...the culture here is so lax it is driving me crazy...but I have been doing some office work, and I have visited some of the field officers and went with them as they have gone to talk to people about HIV
GINA says:
hello are you still there... I got the job
Leah says:
today I went with one girl as she visited some prostitutes and asked them to be tested and gave them condoms

GINA says:
tell me about your House
Leah says:
humph...that is funny..well you haven't spoken forever1
Leah says:
!
GINA says:
yea
Leah says:
So it is a pretty big house, it has concrete floors and bars on all of the windows, It has running water, although i still have to treat it, it has a flush toilet and a bathtub I can stand in to take a shower with a cup...the kitchen dosent have a stove, just a two little burners that are on cinder blocks.....
Leah says:
what else do you want to know?....I just updated my blog....
GINA says:
oh I looked at that last night so what so you get to eat
Leah says:
well for breakfast either hard boiled eggs or oatmeal....lunch is Nshima which is like hard cream of wheat paste thing and usually some spinach and dinner....
Leah says:
dinner if I didn't have eggs then eggs or bread, I haven't really taken to the meat here...when the fish still has eyes and the chicken still has feathers....
GINA says:
oooowwwww yeah do you have a place to plant a garden?
Leah says:
yeah they have some things planted and the boy who takes care of the house tends to it, but I haven't looked what is in it....but we do have a ton of mango trees although they are not quite ripe yet

GINA says:
ok...do you have more people coming to help now
Leah says:
what do you mean?
GINA says:
more volunteers
Leah says:
no I am the only one that will be in this project for the whole six months
GINA says:
wow ok so you go out with the people from around there not any one from any other projects
Leah says:
yep...today I rode on the back of a motorcycle, well a dirt bike... to one of fields and worked with the people there and then walked back with one of the guys who works as a Field Officer...
GINA says:
so that was your long walk home... ok so what else do you get to do....
Leah says:
I don't really know yet...they are still working on my plan...I mean they didn''t know I was coming or anything...so they couldn't do it before I got here, but I hope to visit all of the fields and all of the field officers...there are 55 and they are hiring 50 more...I have been helping with the hiring process...that has been interesting
GINA says:
yeah that should keep you busy
Leah says:
I hope so! So it is so funny...I have already been asked 7 times if I am married and 5 of those by guys...they then ask if I have a boy friend and such and such....it is crazy. And today I was asked if I would marry a Zambian...and take him to America
GINA says:
Dad says hi and I love you
Leah says:
Tell him I love him too and have a good day at work!
GINA says:
ok
GINA says:
that is funny ... have you met any LDS or have you found out about church?
Leah says:
I haven't met anyone who is mormon, and no I haven't but the woman who is living with me, family is in Lusaka and she goes there about every weekend so I am going to talk to her, she was gone today though
GINA says:
April looked to see if they had a branch she said there was two. So made you can find one. that would be great
Leah says:
Yeah I have a list of the Branches with me that Elder and Sister Smith printed out for me
GINA says:
oh good
Leah says:
Yeah! I really am excited to be able to go!

0 comments: