? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blessings and answered prayers

So Yesterday was Sunday and I was very very determined to go to church again....so I prepared everything Saturday and woke up really early Sunday morning to go....This week the woman I live with (Pretonella) was going to Lusaka as well so I had someone to travel with and help me get a bus....so we go out around 6:30 and there happens to be a bus, an empty bus, that is returning to Lusaka, so we get on...and set off shortly after. However, the bus is so so so incredibly slow and has some problem, and is making the worst noise I have ever heard....It was taking for ever and I didn't want to miss church, so I prayed and prayed that I might be able to make it before the sacrament.....the bus stopped a short while later and we had to get off and get onto another bus, a mini bus....really it is like a normal van size but they cram about twenty people into it and as soon as there is any space they stop and cram more people onto it....so we stopped every few minutes to let people on or off.....by this time it was 8:30 and church starts at 9...I was panicking! I prayed and prayed to make it before they took the sacrament....we finally made it into Lusaka at 8:56.....we got a taxi and I gave the driver the address....and wouldn't you know it, he didn't know where that was, but he started driving anyway, and some how he all of the sudden knew where it was :)...so we get there about 15 after and I am running in, changing my shoes, and they are just singing the opening song! I found out after church that the first counselor was running late, he had car troubles, so that is why they started late! I was so happy! The Lord made sure I was there so I could take the sacrament! So after church I got a ride to the bus station with Luwani, the guy who helped me last week, and his younger brother. We got a bus and they decided to stay with me until it left, because it they don't leave until they are crammed full, and that could take all day. So we were sitting in the car at the station just talking and talking about everything....Luwani kept going and checking to see how much longer the bus would be and had asked about three guys who were working on the bus to tell us when it was about to leave, so about two hours after we bought the ticket the bus decided to leave, but I had left without me! Luwani had just gone to check, and the funny thing was that we were just talking about what would happen if it left me, so he came back with one of the guys from the bus company, the bus had just barely left and we were going to try to catch it before it got too far....so we rushed off to catch the bus....can I just say drivers here are all crazy! Any way we come to a traffic jam. There are people running everywhere screaming. As we move closer we see the cause of all of the commotion....a bus, my should have been bus, was in a horrible accident. The entire front of the bus completely demolished...the drive had been drunk and he ended up being completely impaled and died, I don't know what happened to the passengers, but there were injured people all over. There really was no reason why I should have missed the bus, but some how I did. Oh my Heavenly Father is watching over me! I am so grateful! I know I missed it because he needed me to miss it....

11 comments:

MomaJones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MomaJones said...

Wow I'm so glad the Lord is watching out for you and that you have friends over there that are doing the some. I love you and I'm glad you are alright. MOM

jaxdman said...

Leah, your mom spoke in church yesterday and told about your experience of going to church for the first time there. What a wonderful story. Your dad told me about your blog, so I thought I would check it out. Lo and behold, you have an even more amazing story this week! I'm so glad that you are trying to be obedient and go to church. Obviously, you are being blessed for it. I'll check in on you again, stay safe. -Jack

April (Jones) Willford said...

WOW I can't imagine how scary that was. You are definately one blessed girl. We pray for you all the time, it is good to know that you are safe. I miss you like crazy. Happy birthday tomorrow. We need more pictures. Love you!!

the militonis said...

leah i seriusly had chills as i read your story! that is amazing! im glad he is watching over you! you keep on praying girl! i love you hope everything is still going good!
-kierst

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can continue reading about your adventures. I am a basket case for the rest of the day each time I read it.
I love you and Happy Birthday,
Dad

SaJatah said...

That is one of the coolest stories I've ever heard! Honestly Leah, your faith is astounding. Keep safe chica, and happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Leah
We were excited when you parents told us you were in Zambia. I was born in Ndola (northern border on the copper belt - 200mls north of Lusaka) and Pat also lived on the copper belt. I don't remember Ndola as we left there for Salisbury Southern Rhodesia (now Harare, Zimbabwe) when I was 5.
I lived for few months on Zimbabwe side of the Zambezi river near Churundu (75mls SE of you) and drove a boat on about 30-50 miles of the Zambezi. I also worked in Mana pools area (about 120mls East of you). When I was little I can remember visiting Kariba just after they had completed building the dam (around 1960).
This has brought to mind so many memories.
Hope you enjoy your time there. Fortunately you are on the tail end of the hot weather and the winters are not too bad - you will have to wait to get home to see snow.

Wishing you well and all the best.
Alec and Pat Shaw

Unknown said...

Do what is right; let the consequence follow. Battle for freedom in spirit and might; And with stout hearts look ye forth till tomorrow. God will protect you; then do what is right!
This hymn was being sung this morning on my conference tape when I came to work. The spirit testified to me of its truthfulness in regards to you, that he is protecting you because you are doing what is right. I love you and Happy Birthday - Dad

Galba said...

Ah Leah!!! It is so nice to read the stories, it makes me remember mine and my experiences and my students and my happy and sad moments. I miss that so much!
Please, enjoy each moment, the good ones and the bad ones, they will make your experience one of the most beautiful and amazing of your live. And you will have thousands of stories to tell your grandchildren!!! ;)
Love
Gabi

MomaJones said...

letters To Leah Jones
DAPP TCE
Box 670011
Mazabuka Zambia
For packages it is Leah Jones
DAPP TCE Office
Plot No 50 Independence Avenue
Mazabuka Zambia
Africa