? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, December 1, 2008

Why?

So no amazing life changing, nerve wracking story this week....I wasn't able to go to church this week so that is why, I was so miserable yesterday because I couldn't go, but I kinda needed to have food, so church this week was out, sadly....but don't worry I do have enough money for food, this week was just weird.....But because I didn't get to go to church I had a lot of time to read and study....and I was trying to decide what I was going to write today.....and I thought I would answer a question so many people have asked me....."Why did you want to do something like this?" or "why did you want to go to Africa?" and It is a very good question and I will see if I can answer it. I have always wanted to travel, ever since I was little. I wanted to experience and see, new exciting things....Utah was boring to me. I would watch documentaries on KBYU and stuff like that and I longed to see those places. There was this one night I was home alone and I was watching one of these programs and it was about starving children in Africa. For three weeks strait I had the same dream....me driving a huge truck full of food, and giving it to those kids in need...I had to do something to help.....so that is one reason. The second reason for doing something like this, now, is while I was in Utah, I was watching friends and people my age all getting married and I knew I wanted to too, but I felt that I wouldn't make a very good wife and mother.....I needed to experience more and go through more trials that would teach me patience, reliance on the Lord, understanding, charity, and other qualities need to make a wonderful wife and mother.....That is what I want more than anything in the world....that is all I have ever wanted. To be the best mother ever. So I hope from this experience that I will gain the qualities need to become one some day......I hope that makes sense, and answers the question........

2 comments:

Bethie Ann said...

Leah, I think it's awesome what you're doing. I wish I had the courage and resources to work so hard to help others. You're amazing and those people are so blessed to have you!

Chelsey said...

Leah, I'm proud of you for doing what you always wanted to and trying something different and challenging! I love you and hope you're doing well. I read your emails and check your blog regularly! We miss you!