? ??????????????Joshua Trees? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.2 (25 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 2062 Total Grabs. ?
?????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Frankfurt, Germany? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.6 (33 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 1858 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Palmy Afternoon? ????? ?????? ???Rating: CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, December 8, 2008

Hmmm....that would be perfect

So I had a revelation, ok not really but…..so I was reading on of the Ensigns my mommy sent me before I left, the October 2008, and there is an article in it entitled “Preparing Yourself for Marriage” by Elder Eric Shumway. Some of the things it says to do to prepare are….Love the Lord, Become productive, Be happy, Develop friendship, create order, serve, maintain moral purity, and attend the temple…..and I was thinking about that and also something I heard or read, that said to pray for our future companions….So I have been praying that I can develop and “acquire the personal attributes that will sustain a happy marriage.” I have also been praying for my future husband that he too is work on those things….and as I was thinking about it I asked myself the question “What do I want in a husband” Well really the questions was, “If I could have the perfect guy, what would he be like?” So here is my answer….He has to

Love the Lord
Be Humble like Ammon, Alma 26:12
Be Obedient like Nephi, 1 Nephi 3:7, 19:1
Have amazing Strength like Moroni, Alma 48:11 &17
Be diligent like Jacob, Genesis 29
Have Faith like the Brother of Jared, Ether 3:9, 12:20, 21
Have Charity, Moroni 7:45
Be Wise like Solomon, 1 Kings 4:29-30
Be Patient like Job, James 5:11
Be Grateful, D&C 78:19
Be vitreous like Joseph, Genesis 39:9
Have Knowledge like the Sons of Mosiah, Alma 17: 2-3
Be Forgiving, like Nephi, 1 Nephi 7:21
Endure all things, like Joseph Smith (no explanation needed)
And most importantly he has to be Honest like the people of Ammon, Alma 27:27


He also should be……Kind, hilarious, fun, healthy, romantic, thoughtful, curious, adventurous, spontaneous, intuitive, determined, motivated, playful, clean, good, loving, open, happy, sincere, silly, hard working, even tempered, assertive, courageous, giving, and observant. He should also love to serve and he has to be will to admit when he is wrong…..I know I am reaching for the impossible, but I don’t expect him to have all of these qualities right now but he should be striving to acquire them….just like I am, so we can work together and grow closer, to each other and the Lord.

1 comments:

MomaJones said...

Well the prefect guy is not out there and if you did find him he would be way to old for you...so stop looking.... Love ya MOM